Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 40 mins
Servings: 6 – 8
This version is very popular soup served at a famous Italian American restaurant.
- 4 Links Turkey Sausage (Spicy or Mild), Meat Removed From Casings
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, Finely Diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Peeled And Minced
- 2 Medium Potatoes. Peeled And Cut Into Large Dice
- 1 Cup Baby Carrots, Sliced
- 3 Cups Of Chopped Kale
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- ¼ Cup Fat Free Half & Half
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- Parmesan Cheese To Serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the sausage meat, and cook over medium heat until browned.
- Add the onions in the same pan until translucent, then add the garlic, and cook another minute or two.
- In a large soup or stockpot, add the chicken broth, kale carrots, and potatoes.
- Bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to medium low and cook 10 minus.
- Add the sausage and onion mixture with the half and half cream, cook for 20 minutes more.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve, offering a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
(Visited 33 times, 1 visits today)