Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
A simple saute of mussels.
- 3 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, Chopped
- 2 Stalks of Celery, Chopped
- 3-4 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 1/2 Cup Dry White Wine
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 (14 oz.) Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 3 Pounds Mussels, Scrubbed with Beards Removed
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and saute the onion, celery and garlic until translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook 5-10 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add the wine and cook an additional 10 minutes, adding as much water as needed if the sauce bevomes too thick.
- Add the cleaned, drained mussels, cover, and cook until the shells open, which should be about 5 additional minutes.
- Add the parsley just before serving.
- You can serve this dish on grilled garlic bread, spooning the juices over the bread in a shallow bowl, or serve with a good crusty bread on the side.
(Visited 105 times, 1 visits today)