Zucchini Béchamel Recipe
- 10 medium zucchini or 1 kg, cut into round slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion or 150 g, chopped
- 350 g lean minced beef
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium tomato or 150 g, cut into round slices
For the béchamel sauce
- 4 cups skimmed milk or 1 liter
- 1 sachet MAGGI® Béchamel Mix
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese or 30 g, grated
- Boil zucchini in salty boiling water for 5-6 minutes or until zucchinis become tender. Pour in strainer, cool under water and set it aside in the strainer to be well strained.
- Warm the olive oil in a large pan, sauté the onions for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add minced beef and cook for 4-5 minutes with constant stirring until it is cooked and brown in color. Season with spices. Remove from heat.
- In a separate saucepan, mix the skimmed milk with the MAGGI® Béchamel Mix , bring to boil and cook for 2 minutes until the sauce reaches the desired thickness.
- Spoon some of the béchamel sauce into the bottom of an oven dish. Arrange half of the zucchini slices add the minced beef mixture on top then arrange the tomato slices and top with the other half of zucchini.
- Pour the rest of the béchamel sauce on top of the dish and sprinkle the cheese over the béchamel sauce.
- Bake in a 200°C preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until top becomes golden.
(Visited 169 times, 1 visits today)