- 1 (300 ml) can Condensed milk
- 9 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp Grated lemon or dayap rind
- ingredients for the caramel glaze:
- 1 cup White sugar
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup water
- Combine condensed milk, egg yolks and rind in a thick saucepan. Place over low heat, stirring continuously with a wooden spoon or heat resistant spatula until a paste consistency is achieved. This will take about half an hour. Allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
- With buttered hands, divide into 12 pieces and form into balls. Chill and prepare caramel.
- To make the caramel coating, combine sugar, cream of tartar and water in a saucepan. Place over medium heat and cook until light golden brown. remove from heat and dip the bottom of the pan in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Working quickly, dip each yema ball in caramel, coating it completely. Transfer to a cookie sheet lined with silicone paper. Allow to set at room temperature.
Source: The Pro Files
Via: Yema Recipe
(Visited 42 times, 1 visits today)