- 225 grams of Organic Whole Wheat Spaghetti (roughly 75 grams per person)
- 2 cups of basil leaves
- ½ a cup of avocado pulp
- ¼ cup of roughly chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- salt to taste
- First cook the spaghetti in slightly salted boiling water until the al-dente texture. Drain and retain the water in which the spaghetti is cooked in a separate bowl. Also do not drain the spaghetti completely.
- Using a mixer/grinder or food processor, prepare the pesto by blitzing together basil, avocado, walnuts, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil to form a paste. Use a small amount of the pasta water if necessary and make a paste.
- Now, in a wide container, mix in the pesto with the cooked spaghetti adding salt to taste.
- Serve hot with a sprig of basil for garnish and a drizzle of olive oil.
Source:Easy Bites Online
(Visited 36 times, 1 visits today)