- 1 Whole Duck (about 5 to 6 lb)
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 Garlic, skin peeled
- 2 Small pieces of Ginger
- Some Celery ( you can use herbs like rosemary, thyme)
- 1/4 Grapefruit
- 1 tbsp Grapefruit zest
- 1 tbsp butter
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Wash duck with fresh running water and pat dry it well with paper tissue.
- Take out the giblet and liver from cavity and save it for making broth.
- Remove any excess fat near neck and cavity.
- Gently poke the outer skin of duck with skewer.
- Rub the duck inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Now place onion, garlic,ginger, celery, grapefruit&zest, butter in the duck cavity.
- Keep the duck upside down on rack in baking pan and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Now flip the duck carefully to the other side using 2 wooden spoon, drain the fat to separate vessel, then put the duck back to the oven and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Once it baked, remove excess liquid fat to vessel and transfer the duck to cutting board, let stand for at least 10 minutes before carving.
- Carve , serve and enjoy with plum sauce!
(Visited 51 times, 1 visits today)