Yield: 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- large carrots, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 stalks celery, sliced (about 1 cup)
- cloves garlic, minced
- 3 1/2 cups Vegetable Broth (Regular or Organic)
- uncooked wild rice
- 1 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 12 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, celery and garlic and cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir the broth and wild rice in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 25 minutes.
- Stir in the white rice. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender. Sprinkle with the parsley.Tip: Wild rice is a relatively expensive ingredient, but a little goes a long way. The 1/2 cup in this recipe lends texture and a rich nutty flavor.
(Visited 44 times, 1 visits today)