Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 125 g snow peas (mange tout)
- 2 x 300 g semi-ripe (but not green) mangoes, peeled, julienned
- 1 handful mixed herbs including mint, Vietnamese mint, basil and perilla leaves, sliced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 red Asian shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, julienned
- 450 g large raw prawns, peeled, deveined, leaving the tails intact
- 2 limes, juiced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Add the snow peas and blanch for 1 minute. Drain, briefly refresh in cold water, and then drain again. Slice the snow peas lengthways and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add the mango and most of the herbs, reserving some herbs as a garnish. Set aside.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a bowl. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and set aside.
- Heat a wok over a medium heat. Add the vegetable oil and sauté the shallots and ginger for 3 minutes, or until caramelised.
- Add the prawns and stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until just cooked. Stir in the lime juice to deglaze the pan, and then season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the prawn mixture to the mixing bowl. Pour the dressing over and toss until well combined.
- Transfer to a serving platter, garnish with the remaining mint and serve.
(Visited 96 times, 1 visits today)