- 1 pig trotter (get the seller to clean and chop them up for you)
- 1 bulb of garlic, smashed lightly
- 6 dried chili peppers
- 4 pieces of rock sugar or to taste
- 2 cups white vinegar or to taste
- 1 cup black vinegar or to taste
- Half cup light soy sauce or to taste
- 1/2 pot water
- 4 hard boiled eggs (optional)
- Firstly, clean the trotters again. Blanch the pieces in boiling water and remove once the surface turns white. Remove and set aside. Rinse with cold water. Place (covered) in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Heat up a clay pot or a pot of your choice. Add all the ingredients into the pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn heat to low and allow to simmer (covered with a gap) for about 45 minutes to an hour. Do a taste test and add more vinegar, sugar or soy as desired.
- Once the dish is entirely cooked, add in the eggs to allow them to soak up the liquid but do not turn on the stove at this point to avoid the eggs disintegrating into the dish.
- Serve hot.
Source: Smoky Wok
(Visited 20 times, 1 visits today)