- 1.5 litres chicken stock
- 1 bunch of spring onions, trimmed
- 2 cm piece of ginger, thickly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (or to taste)
- rice noodles
- leftover roast chicken
- caramelised onions
- radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 fat green chillies, thinly sliced
- fresh coriander, chopped
- Thai basil (or a few Italian basil leaves), chopped
- 2 limes, quartered
- Bring the chicken stock to the boil. Add 3 spring onions, the ginger, garlic and fish sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes and set aside while you assemble the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain.
- Chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Thinly slice the rest of the spring onions, together with the chillies, radishes and herbs, keeping each vegetable and herb in separate bowls.
- Strain the stock to fish out the infusing ingredients. Return to the pan and bring back to the boil. Check the seasoning.
- Divide the noodles among the bowls.
- Top with bits of chicken and a dollop of caramelised onion.
- Ladle over the hot stock.
- Serve with the lime quarters, letting everyone help themselves to the different garnishes. The trick is to take a little at a time so that none of the ingredients become soggy.
(Visited 36 times, 1 visits today)