- 2/3 cup chili sauce (such as Heinz)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon chopped seeded serrano chile
- 1/2 pound wide rice stick noodles (bánh pho)
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 (12.3-ounce) package extrafirm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 3/4 cup diagonally cut green onions
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 6 lime wedges
- Combine first 6 ingredients; set aside.
- Cook noodles in boiling water 5 minutes or until done. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain well.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add tofu; cook 7 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan.
- Combine egg whites and egg, stirring well with a whisk.
- Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, and sauté for 10 seconds. Add egg mixture, and cook for 30 seconds or until soft-scrambled, stirring constantly. Stir in chili sauce mixture and noodles; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in tofu, bean sprouts, onions, and 1/4 cup cilantro, and cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup cilantro and peanuts evenly over each serving of noodle mixture. Serve with lime wedges.
(Visited 44 times, 1 visits today)