Servings: 12 (serving size: 4 gyoza and 1 tablespoon sauce)
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions/li>
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cupwater
- Cooking spray
- 4 cups diced shiitake mushroom caps (about 3/4 pound)
- 4 cups finely chopped green cabbage
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Remaining ingredients:
- 24 lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- To prepare wrapper, lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and water in a bowl. Turn dough out onto a floured surface; knead 5 minutes. Cover dough; let rest 30 minutes.
- To prepare filling, heat a large non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook 3 minutes or until moisture evaporates, stirring frequently. Add cabbage; cook 3 minutes or until softened, stirring frequently. Stir in 2 tablespoons green onions and next 6 ingredients (2 tablespoons green onions through garlic); simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Divide dough into 4 equal portions. Roll each portion into a 1-inch-thick rope. Cut each rope into 12 equal pieces. Shape each dough piece into a ball. Roll each ball into a 4-inch circle on a floured surface (cover circles with a damp towel to prevent drying).
- Working with 1 wrapper at a time, spoon 2 teaspoons mushroom mixture into center of wrapper. Fold in half. Fold top edge of wrapper at 1/2-inch intervals to form pleats, pressing against bottom edge to seal. Place dumplings, pleated sides down, on a large baking sheet dusted with flour; cover loosely with towel to prevent drying.
- Line each tier of a 2-tiered (10-inch) bamboo steamer with 3 lettuce leaves. Arrange 6 dumplings, 1-inch apart, in each steamer basket. Stack tiers; cover with steamer lid. Add water to a large skillet to a depth of 1 inch; bring to a boil. Place steamer in pan, and steam dumplings 5 minutes. Remove dumplings from steamer. Repeat procedure with remaining lettuce and dumplings.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 12 dumplings; cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until browned. Repeat procedure 3 times with remaining oil and dumplings. Serve with sauce.
(Visited 73 times, 1 visits today)