- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large stalk celery, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ tsp crushed dried rosemary
- ¾ tsp tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper (less to taste)
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 ½ lb. Little Potato Company Creamer potatoes (I used Blushing Belle), cut into ½-inch pieces
- 7 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (14 oz.) can Great Northern beans, drained & rinsed
- 4 cups chopped kale
- ½ tsp salt (or to taste)
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven set over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and carrot, and cook until the vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, rosemary, thyme, red pepper flakes and pepper, and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes and vegetable broth, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Decrease heat slightly and cook at a lively simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the beans and cook until the potatoes are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in the kale and cook until just wilted, about 1 minute. Season with salt. Serve.
Source: Cookin Canuck
(Visited 29 times, 1 visits today)