- 2kg purple sweet potato (8 cups when grated)
- 4 packs (800ml) coconut milk
- 2 cans condensed milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cheese (grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tbsp margarine (for topping)
- In a saucepan, boil the purple sweet potatoes until tender. (You can check if its cooked when you can easily stuck a fork in it.)
- Grate the sweet potatoes.
- In a wok over medium heat, combine coconut milk, condensed milk, butter and sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. When the sugar is melted, stir in the grated sweet potatoes and the vanilla extract. When it thickens, add the grated cheese. Continue stirring the mixture over low heat until it thickens like a jam.
- Remove from fire and transfer it to individually-greased containers.
- You can cover the containers once it cools and you can store it in the refrigerator.
Source: Jane’s Kitchen
Via: Ube Halaya Recipe
(Visited 56 times, 1 visits today)