- ⅔ cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 Eggs (yolks only)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 14 soft caramel candies (like Kraft Caramels)
- 3 T. heavy cream
- 6 ounce milk chocolate chips
- To make the shortbread layer: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium sized bowl, combine ⅔ cup butter, sugar, egg yolks and vanilla in bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add flour; beat at low speed until well mixed. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Make indentation in center of each cookie with thumb or end of wooden spoon handle. Bake 7-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool completely.
- To make the caramel filling: Melt the caramel and heavy cream in the microwave stirring every 30 seconds until it is fully melted. Using a teaspoon fill each indentation with the caramel.
- To make the chocolate drizzle: Melt the chocolate in the microwave stirring 30 seconds at a time until smooth, and scoop into a ziplock bag. Barely snip the corner and drizzle over the cookies.
Source: The Recipe Critic
(Visited 62 times, 1 visits today)