Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- 2 cups red lentils
- 2½ cups water
- 1 cup bulgur (cracked wheat)
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves finely diced
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Turkish capsicum paste (biber salca)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cos lettuce, leaves separated
- Boil the red lentils in the water for 15-20 minutes or until soft. Add the bulgur and cover, allowing it to absorb the remaining water.
- Add the onion, garlic and parsley and mix through well. Add the other ingredients and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Form into cigar-shaped patties and place on freshly washed cos lettuce leaves to serve. The patties can be rolled into the leaves and eaten as a parcel.
(Visited 434 times, 1 visits today)