Turkey and Ham Sopas
Author: Vanjo Merano
- 1 lb. chopped leftover turkey
- 3 ounces chopped ham
- 2 small carrots, sliced
- 3 celery stems chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1½ cups Farfalle (bow tie pasta) or macaroni
- ¼ cup French fried onion (optional)
- 3 tablespoons roasted garlic (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a cooking pot. Continue to heat the butter until it gets hot enough to cook the veggies.
- Saute the onion, carrots, and celery for 3 minutes.
- Add the turkey and ham. Saute for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour-in the chicken broth. Let boil. Add the pasta. Cover and cook in low to medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Pour-in milk. Stir and let the liquid re-boil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to individual bowls. You can top it with French fried onions or roasted garlic.
- Serve hot. Share and enjoy!
Serving size: 6
Via: Turkey and Ham Sopas
(Visited 152 times, 1 visits today)