- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 4-6 cups water or vegetable stock
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 pound ripe tomatores
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- kosher salt + pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a 4 quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the diced onions and a pinch of salt; sweat the onions until translucent. Meanwhile, bring the water or stock to a simmer in a separate pot.
- Purée the ripe tomatoes and celery in a food processor or a blender until smooth. Put the purée through a fine mesh strainer, keeping the liquid and discarding the solids.
- Increase the heat in the pot with the onions and add the rice and another pinch of salt. Cook the rice for about 2 minutes to slightly toast.
- Start adding the water or stock about 1½ cups at at a time. Stir frequently and add more liquid as soon as the previous is absorbed. Cook the rice for about 15 minutes, then stir in the tomato-celery juice. Continue cooking for about 5 more minutes, or until the rice is al dente.
- Remove from heat and add the remaining olive oil, parmesan, lemon juice and basil. Season with salt + pepper to taste.
- Mix the halved cherry tomatoes in a small bowl with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt + pepper.
- Plate the risotto and garnish with cherry tomatoes + grated parmesan.
Source: Salt Pepper Skillet
(Visited 37 times, 1 visits today)