- 300 gms lean ground pork, marinate in
- 2 T soy sauce
- dashes of ground pepper (as much as you like)
- a few drops of sesame oil
- 1 T cornstarch
- 5 T canola oil
- 5 pcs dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked in hot water for 1 hour, drained, sliced
- 5 T minced garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 pcs green long peppers (siling haba) or finger chillies or bird’s eye chillies, chopped
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1 T oyster sauce
- dash of sesame oil, optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- green onions, chopped
- 1 block tofu
- Heat up the oil in a wok or a cooking pan. Saute the onions until caramelized and soft. Saute the garlic until fragrant.
- Add the marinated ground pork. Cook for a while until meat changes color. Add in the mushrooms. Stir for a while and add in the chillies (more or less, depending on your preference). Add in the soy sauce and oyster sauce. Sitr for a while. Cover and simmer until meat is cooked through.
- Add in the chopped green onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with sesame oil.
- In a microwavable serving dish, heat up the tofu for 30 seconds; until just warm. Top with the cooked ground pork mixture. Serve hot with jasmine rice.
Source: Heart And Hearth
(Visited 18 times, 1 visits today)