- 3/4 kilo pork pata (pork hock)
- 1 thumb-sized pc of ginger
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 medium sized sayote (chayote)
- 1/2 cup Malunggay leaves
- 1 Tbsp patis (fish sauce)
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- about 5 cups water
- Saw cut pork pata crosswise at 1 1/2″ thick slices. Peel ginger
- and sliced thinly. In a large casserole, saute ginger until fragrant.
- Add onion slices and cooked until limp. Add patis and pork pata.
- Stir until meat is no longer pink on all sides. Season with pepper.
- Pour water and bring to a boil. Simmer until meat is tender,
- about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel sayote and cut half lengthwise. Remove the white
- core and cut into wedges. When meat is tender, add sayote.
- Adjust seasoning. Bring to a boil and simmer until sayote is cooked.
- Place Malunggay leaves on top but do not cover. Cook for 5 more
- minutes. Serve hot.
Source: Everything’s Herbed
Via: Tinolang Pata Recipe
(Visited 25 times, 1 visits today)