Total Time: 25 Minutes
- 8 cups water
- 3 green onions, minced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Thai hot chili sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons peeled and very thinly slivered fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 4 packages oriental- or chicken-flavor ramen noodles, slightly broken
- 8 ounces medium-size shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- Juice and grated zest from 1 lime
- Bring water to a boil in a soup pot. Add green onions, carrots, fish sauce, chili sauce, garlic, ginger, and basil to pot. Add 2 ramen noodle seasoning packets (if you add all 4 packets, the soup will probably be too salty). Boil 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp, spinach, mushrooms, and ramen noodles. Cook 5 more minutes. Add lime juice and zest.
- Stir well and serve.
(Visited 49 times, 1 visits today)