Servings: 8 (serving size: about 3/4 cup beef mixture, 1/2 cup rice, and 1 tablespoon basil)
- 2 pounds lean beef stew meat
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely chopped onion (1 onion)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup lower-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 2 cups bagged baby spinach leaves
- 4 cups hot cooked jasmine rice
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Drain. Place beef in a 4-quart electric slow cooker; sprinkle with salt.
- Return pan to medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute 5 minutes or until tender. Spoon onion mixture over beef. Combine beef broth and next 6 ingredients (through jalapeño); pour over beef. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- Stir in spinach. Cover and cook on LOW for 15 minutes or just until spinach wilts. Serve beef mixture over rice; sprinkle with basil leaves.
(Visited 93 times, 1 visits today)