Total Time: 40 Minutes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 3 (5-inch) pieces peeled fresh lemongrass, crushed
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 2 cups chopped bok choy
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup small fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups hot cooked whole-grain rice noodles (such as Annie Chun’s)
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shallots; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add garlic and ginger; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add broth; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add lemongrass and 2 cups water to broth mixture; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes. Stir in chicken and bok choy; simmer 5 minutes. Discard lemongrass. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro, basil, lime juice, and salt.
- Place 1/2 cup noodles in each of 4 bowls; top each serving with 1 1/4 cups soup. Sprinkle with red pepper.
(Visited 74 times, 1 visits today)