- 1 pound chicken breast nuggets or strips
- 7 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup firmly packed fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 12 ounces fresh linguine
- 1 cup prepared Asian-style peanut sauce
- Mint sprigs
- In a covered pan, bring 3 quarts water to a boil over high heat.
- Meanwhile, rinse chicken, pat dry, and put in a bowl.
- In a food processor, whirl garlic, cilantro, basil, and mint leaves until minced. Pour into a shallow bowl.
- Mix vinegar with chicken, lift out pieces with a slotted spoon, and add to herb mixture. Mix and pour pieces into an oiled or nonstick 10- by 15-inch pan and spread out in a single layer.
- Broil chicken about 4 inches from heat until no longer pink in center (cut to test), 4 to 5 minutes.
- When chicken goes under the broiler, immediately add linguine to boiling water and cook until tender to bite, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta, return to pan, and add all but 2 tablespoons peanut sauce. Mix well and spoon onto plates. Top equally with chicken. Drizzle with remaining sauce; garnish with mint sprigs. Serve.
(Visited 54 times, 1 visits today)