Total time: 45 Minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 10 ounce wide rice noodles
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 12 ounces boned, skinned chicken breast, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons panang curry paste, such as Mae Ploy brand
- 1 can (14 oz.) coconut milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Thai or Vietnamese fish sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves and small sprigs
- 1/2 cup Thai basil* leaves and small sprigs
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add garlic and shallots and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add chicken, curry paste, and half the coconut milk. Stir well to dissolve paste and boil until liquid is slightly reduced, about 5 minutes. Stir in remaining coconut milk, the sugar, lime juice, soy sauce, and fish sauce, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until liquid is slightly thicker, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Add noodles, toss to coat, and cook a few minutes until hot, stirring often. Pour mixture into a serving bowl. Sprinkle with green onions, cilantro, and basil. Serve with lime wedges.
(Visited 41 times, 1 visits today)