- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 1/2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 (12-ounce) packages frozen pureed butternut squash
- 1 (14-ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes. Add curry paste, garlic, and ginger; sauté 45 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add broth and next 5 ingredients (through salt); cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Place half of squash mixture in a blender.
- Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining squash mixture. Spoon about 1 cup soup into each of 4 bowls; top with 2 tablespoons peanuts and 1 tablespoon cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges.
(Visited 26 times, 1 visits today)