- 400g beef fillet/tenderloin
- 1 cucumber, halved & sliced thinly
- 1 large Bombay red onion, halved & sliced thinly
- 3 shallots/small red onions, chopped finely
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 2 T coriander leaves, cut into 1 cm lengths
- juice from 2 large limes
- 2 stalks lemon grass, stem cut very thinly
- 2 red chilies, sliced thinly
- 5 to 10 chili padi (bird’s eye chilies), cut finely
- 4 T fish sauce
- 1 T chopped mint + whole leaves for garnish
- The beef can be prepared either by frying it until it is almost done, then cut into thin slices or it can be cut into thin slices, marinaded with 3 T cornflour and then blanched very briefly in boiling water and drained. I usually cut and blanch it because it is faster and gives a more tender and smooth bite but frying the beef gives it that char-grilled flavor and better color.
- Combine everything, adjust the taste by adding more fish sauce or lime juice. Chill in fridge. Good as a starter.
Source: Hunger Hunger
(Visited 32 times, 1 visits today)