- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1.5 lb. beef sirloin, sliced in jullienne strips
- 1 medium size onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp tamarind mix (sinigang mix) dissolved in 1/2 c water
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp kikkoman soy sauce
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- tofu, sliced
- green onions, sliced
- Heat cooking oil in a wok over medium heat. Add garlic and onions and quickly stir fry until they are softened and translucent. Add beef and cook until meat is brown or until liquid gets reduced to almost dry.
- Meanwhile, while the beef is cooking, prepare the sauce in a bowl by mixing tamarind mix dissolved in water, peanut buttee, soy sauce and brown sugar. Make sure to dissolve the peanut butter. Now if you want it more sour, you may want to add more sinigang mix into the mixture.
- When the beef is almost done, pour the sauce in. Stir and cook until the suace is reduced until the sauce is thick.
- Quickly add tofu and green onions. Cook it for a few more minutes or until done.
Source: Skip To Malou
(Visited 23 times, 1 visits today)