Honeydew Lime Cooler
Total Time: 30 min.
- 4-1/2 cups cubed honeydew (about 1 small melon)
- 1-1/2 cups lime sherbet
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 5 fresh strawberries
- Place melon cubes in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; cover and freeze until firm, about 15 minutes. Set aside five melon cubes.
- In a food processor, combine the sherbet, lime juice and remaining frozen melon; cover and process until smooth.
- Pour into glasses; garnish with strawberries and reserved melon.
Mandarin Berry Cooler
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 medium ripe banana, cut into chunks
- 6 ice cubes
- 3/4 cup milk
- In a blender, combine the oranges, pineapple, strawberries and banana; cover and process until blended.
- Add ice and milk; cover and process until blended. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately.
- 1 cup cubed cantaloupe
- cup frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 4 teaspoons
- Place all ingredients in the order listed in a blender.
- Cover and process until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately.
- 3 cups water
- 5 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup ginger ale
- Crushed ice
- Whole strawberries, optional
- In a blender, process the water, strawberries, sugar, lemon juice and peel in batches until smooth. Strain the berry seeds if desired. Pour into a pitcher; stir in the ginger ale.
- Serve in chilled glasses over ice. Garnish with whole berries if desired.
Strawberry Watermelon Cooler
- 4 oz. Vodka
- 1 oz. Strawberry Liquor (any berry or pomegranate works)
- juice of 1 lime plus slices for garnish
- 1 pound watermelon chunks
- 2 cups ice plus more for glasses
- strawberries for garnish
- Blend ingredients until frothy. Pour over ice, garnish & sip until cool.
Blood Orange Sangría Recipe
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 cups apple juice
- 2/3 cup Triple Sec (orange-flavored liqueur)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 whole cloves
- 3 seedless blood oranges, each cut into 16 wedges
- 2 (750-milliliter) bottles fruity red wine
- 2 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher, and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight. Discard cloves and cinnamon sticks.
- Pour sangría into individual glasses, including the fruit.
Mulled Wine Sangria
Servings: 8 (serving size: 1 cup)
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle merlot or other red wine, chilled and divided
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 sachet Mulling Spice Blend
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice (about 1 large orange)
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1/2 orange, thinly sliced and cut in half
- 1 (12-ounce) can club soda
- Combine 1 cup wine, sugar, and sachet in a small saucepan; bring to a simmer. Cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat; cool. Discard sachet.
- Pour mixture into a pitcher; add remaining 3 cups wine. Chill thoroughly. Add juice, strawberries, orange slices, and club soda.
Hot Pink Smoothies
Servings: 2 (serving size: 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- Place all ingredients in a blender; process until smooth.
- Kids Can Help: To get your kids excited about fruit, let them pick which types to put in these smoothies. Enjoy!