Rosemary Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- 3 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 3/4 pound)
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped smoked almonds
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 slices whole-grain bread
- Combine first 9 ingredients, stirring well. Spread about 2/3 cup of chicken mixture over each of 5 bread slices, and top with remaining bread slices.
- Cut sandwiches diagonally in half. Serve.
Tandoori Naan Chicken Sandwiches
Total: 45 Minutes
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound chicken tenders, patted dry
- 4 medium plain or garlic-flavored naan breads, about 4 oz. each
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly slivered red onion
- 4 ounces feta cheese, sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Whisk together yogurt, seasonings, and oil in a medium bowl. Add chicken and stir to coat. Let marinate 20 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Spread chicken on a rimmed baking sheet and broil until cooked through, 8 minutes. Meanwhile, continue with recipe.
- Dab naan with a little butter on each side, spread on a rimmed baking sheet, and place in oven on rack below chicken; cook until toasted and crisped, about 8 minutes.
- Cut naan in half crosswise and make sandwiches with naan, chicken, tomatoes, onion, feta, mint, and cilantro. Cut each in half if large.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per sandwich.