A delicious, classic chicken dish – lightly coated chicken breasts braised with Marsala wine and mushrooms.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking: 20 mins
Ready in: 30 mins
- 3 to 4 pieces boneless and skinless chicken breasts (about 1/4 inch thick)
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, and oregano in a bowl. Mix well.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan and pour in olive oil and butter.
- Once the oil is hot, put-in the chicken and pan fry each side in medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and place in a plate.
- Put-in the mushrooms, parsley, and Marsala wine. Bring the liquid to a boil and simmer for a minute.
- Put-in the pan fried breasts and cook for a good 8 to 12 minutes (covered).
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with steamed rice.
- Share and enjoy!