Blackberry and Mango Breakfast Shake
Servings: 4 (serving size: 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen blackberries
- 1 cup refrigerated mango slices (such as Del Monte)
- 1 cup (about 6 1/2 ounces) low-fat tofu (such as Silken soft)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Combine all ingredients in a blender; process until smooth.
Banana Cream Pie Smoothie
Servings: 2 (serving size: 1 cup)
- 1 cup sliced ripe banana (about 1 large)
- 1 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat graham cracker crumbs (about 1/2 cookie sheet)
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ice cubes (about 1/4 cup)
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Arrange banana slices in a single layer on a baking sheet, and freeze until firm (about 1 hour).
- Place frozen banana and remaining ingredients in a blender. Process until smooth. Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs. Serve immediately.
Note: Freeze and store extra bananas in zip-top plastic bags so you can whip up this smoothie in a flash.
Servings: 5 cups (serving size: 1 cup)
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 (8-ounce) container vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup thawed pineapple-orange juice concentrate
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 banana, coarsely chopped
- Process all ingredients in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Serve immediately.
Amount per serving
Mocha Frappé Recipe
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Freeze: 2 Hours
Servings: 3 (serving size: 1 cup)
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 1/4 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 3 tablespoons fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 teaspoon chocolate shavings
- Stir together coffee, sugar, and 1 tablespoon milk in a small glass measuring cup. Pour into ice cube trays, and freeze at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Process coffee ice cubes, 1 1/4 cups milk, and chocolate syrup in a blender until smooth. Dollop evenly with whipped topping, and sprinkle with chocolate shavings.
- Serve immediately.
Cookies and Cream Milk Shakes
- 5 chocolate sandwich cookies such as Oreos
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- Place 3 cookies in a ziplock bag. Seal bag and crush cookies with a rolling pin.
- In a blender, combine ice cream and milk. Blend until smooth.
- Add crushed cookies and pulse a few times just to blend.
- Pour into 2 tall glasses and garnish each with a cookie or a dollop of whipped cream drizzled with chocolate syrup, if desired.
Mixed-Berry Shake Recipe
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 6 ounces unsweetened frozen berries (such as strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries)
- 2 cups whole milk
- In a blender, combine half of the ice cream, berries, and milk. Puree until smooth, stopping occasionally to stir with a spoon.
- Pour into glasses. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.