Mexican Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup honey
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large, heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk and extract, stirring constantly with a whisk. Heat to 180° or until tiny bubbles form around edge, stirring with a whisk (do not boil).
Vanilla Honey and Nut Smoothie
Servings: 3 (serving size: 1 cup)
- 2 cups vanilla low-fat frozen yogurt
- 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup cubed soft silken tofu
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed (optional)
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a blender; process until smooth.
- Sprinkle with flaxseed, if desired.