Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
A very high fiber, healthy bowl of soup that tastes delicious too!
- 2 Ounces Finely Diced Prosciutto or Pancetta
- 1 Medium Onion Finely Chopped
- 1 Celery Stalk, Finely Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Peeled, And Minced
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 (14 Ounce) Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 Small Zucchini, Diced
- 3 to 4 Cups Cooked Beans Of Choice (See Note Above)
- 1 Cup Pre-cooked Farro or Rice
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Basil or Parsley
- Red Hot Pepper Flakes (Optional)
- Salt & Pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil or
- Grated Parmesan or Pecorino Cheese or
- Basil Pesto
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy saucepan and once hot add the pancetta or prosciutto, celery and onion.
- Cook over medium heat until the onion is soft and fragrant and the pancetta is beginning to brown, about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook another minute or two.
- Next, add the chopped tomatoes and zucchini.
- Fill the empty can from the tomatoes with water twice and add that to the pot.
- Bring to a boil and season with the red pepper flakes if using, as well as salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked beans, basil and farro to the pot and reduce the heat to a simmer, adding additional water if soup is too thick.
- Continue to cook over low heat for 15 minutes to meld the flavors. Serve warm with topping of choice.