Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 16 mins
Servings: 12 Muffins
A moist muffin made with rolled oats and oat flour that is studded with walnuts and mini chocolate chips.
- 1 1/4 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1 1/2 Cups Oat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Low Fat Milk
- 1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Light Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- 2 Large Ripe Bananas, Mashed
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Large Beaten Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate Mini Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and line a muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
- In a bowl, mix together the rolled oats, yogurt, and milk and stir to mix.
- Let rest 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix together the oat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the eggs, bananas, and oil to the rolled oats and yogurt mixture and stir to blend.
- Add the oat flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir just until mixed.
- Stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cups and then bake until firm to the touch and golden brown, about 16 to 18 minutes.