Preparation Time: 10 mins
CookingTime: 10 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Use fresh, ripe seasonal tomatoes for the best results!
- 1 Loaf Crusty Italian Bread — Baguette
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Good Olive Oil
- 3 Cups Ripe Tomatoes, Cut Into 1/2 Inch Pieces
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh, Chopped Basil
- Mix together the tomato topping ingredients and set aside.
- Cut the bread into slices about 3/4 inches thick, and either place under a broiler, or on grill, and cook untill just golden.
- Turn and repeat.
- Take the bruschetta away from heat, and first using a clove of garlic on the prongs of a fork, rub one side of each of the toasts .
- Next brush a little olive oil on each toast.
- Top with the tomato mixture and serve immediately.
Grated Zucchini & Cheese Bruschetta
- 12 Slices Of Crusty Bread Cut From A 4 Inch Wide Baguette
- 1/2 Cup Finely Diced Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Peeled & Minced
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Small Zucchini, Trimmed & Grated
- 3 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1/2 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1/3 Cup Grated Pecorino Cheese (Parmesan Also Works Fine)
- Salt & Pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil and then cook the onion until softened and tender.
- Add the garlic and cook just until fragrant.
- Add the grated zucchini to the pan and toss with the onion mixture.
- Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature.
- Add the parsley, lemon zest, grated cheese, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, mix well.
- Heat the broiler and place the slices of bread on a baking sheet.
- Broil on one side until lightly browned.
- Turn and broil the other side just until the slices begin to take on color.
- Spread some of the zucchini mixture over each bread slice spreading it evenly to cover.
- Return the pan to the oven and broil until bubbly.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.