For the Tofu:
- 1 Block Extra Firm Tofu
- ⅓ Cup Cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons Oil for Frying (more if needed)
- Cooked rice for serving.
- 1 Cup Water
- ¼ Cup Soy Sauce
- ¼ Cup White Sugar
- 1 – 3 Tablespoons Sriracha (depending on your spice preference)
- 3 Cloves Finely Minced Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Agave (or to taste)
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch + 2 Tablespoons Water
- Drain, rinse, and press the block of tofu for 15 minutes.
- Slice the tofu into 1 inch cubes.
- Put the cornstarch in a bowl and toss the tofu with the cornstarch in batches making sure each side is coated. Shake off excess and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the tofu cubes until all sides are browned. About 4 minutes each side.
- Drain tofu on paper towel to get rid of excess oil.
- In the meantime, mince the garlic, then add it to a sauce pan along with the water, soy sauce, sugar, Sriracha, and agave. Bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl or glass, mix the cornstarch and water together. Whisk the cornstarch mixture into the sauce and stir until thickened.
- Toss the sauce with the tofu and serve over a bed of rice.
Source: It Doesn’t Taste Like Chicken
Via: Sweet & Spicy Recipe
(Visited 28 times, 1 visits today)