- 1½ cup water
- ½ tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 5 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 12 oz pork or beef (lean, grilling part)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ onion, sliced
- ¼ carrot, sliced
- ¼ cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup corn starch
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying meat
- Salt & pepper
- Mix 1 cup corn starch and 1 cup water, stir well, and let sit for 1-2 hours.
- After the corn starch and water are separated, carefully drain water.
- Heat oil in a large pot to fry. Don’t fill more than a half way.
- Cut beef into thin strips, add 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/16 teaspoon pepper and egg, mix well.
- Put meat in a corn starch batter, mix well with hands.
- Once you are done consistently coating the meat with batter, deep-fry it in oil until golden
- Add 1 tsp of vegetable oil to a hot pan and sauté vegetables briefly for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add sauce ingredients, stir to dissolve sugar and bring to a boil.
- In a separate bowl, mix 2 tbsp of corn starch and 2 tbsp of water to make slush.
- Then add the slush to the boiling sauce and stir until it gets thick.
- Important thing is to put corn starch mixture to the boiling sauce. The slush may not mix well if you put in lukewarm sauce.
- Continue boiling for 4-5 minutes.
- Once the sauce is complete, pour it over onto the meat and serve hot.
The key for crispy meat is to fry twice, so before serving it, fry once again.
(Visited 953 times, 1 visits today)