- ¼ corn syrup
- 1 pound medium shrimp (shelled, deveined and tail removed)
- 2 cups broccoli florets cut into 1 inch pieces (optional)
- 1 medium onion (cut into wedges)
- 1 bell pepper (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup light corn syrup
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 1 can water chestnuts 8 ounces (grained)
- Hot rice
- Chop all the vegetables and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the cornstarch, salt and water-set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the shrimp and cook until pink-stirring constantly. Remove the shrimp onto a plate and set aside. (This should take 3-4 minutes)
- In the same skillet add the onion, pepper, garlic and ginger, and the broccoli if you decide to use it; cook for about 5 minutes or until onion has lightly browned.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture, ketchup, vinegar, cooked shrimp and water chestnuts. Stir constantly, cooking until mixture thickens.
- Serve over hot rice.
Source: Cully’s Kitchen
(Visited 26 times, 1 visits today)