- 500g boneless chicken, cut into cubes
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp ketchup or chilli garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- Oil 2tbsp
- 1 onion, cut into cubes
- 6 green onions, cut into ¾ inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into cubes
- ¾ cup canned pineapple chunks, drained
- ¼ cup pineapple juice from the canned chunks
- In bowl, combine chicken, egg white, 2 tbsp cornstarch, flour, salt and pepper; let stand for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Brown the chicken on all sides in batches, Transfer the chicken to a paper towel-lined plate.
Method for sauce
- Heat oil, stir-fry onion and peppers for about 3 minutes or until tender-crisp. Add the green onions, stir to combine, add the chicken and pineapple.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, pineapple juice, chicken broth, vinegar, ketchup or chilli garlic sauce, soy sauce,white pepper, garlic powder and cornstarch. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the sauce into the skillet and stir to coat the chicken and vegetables.
- Bring to boil and stir it a couple of times until the sauce thickened slightly.
- Serve immediately with fried or steamed rice.
Source:My Art Of Cooking
(Visited 36 times, 1 visits today)