- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar (may use white)
- 1 Tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Working in two batches, toss the chicken pieces in cornstarch and then coat with the egg.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and again in two batches, brown the chicken, turning it so that all sides are browned.
- Place the chicken in a single layer in a prepared baking dish. Pour sauce evenly over the chicken. Turn the chicken to ensure each piece is coated.
- Bake for 1 hour, turning the chicken every 15 minutes. Serve with rice and steamed vegetables.
Source: The Spiffy Cookie
(Visited 18 times, 1 visits today)