- ¼ small red onion, shaved paper thin (use a mandolin, if you have one)
- splash of red wine vinegar
- 4-5 large perfectly ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 handful fresh basil, cut into ribbons
- 1 handful fresh mint, cut into ribbons
- pinch of dried oregano
- olive oil, for drizzling
- coarse salt, to taste
- To a small bowl, add the onions with a splash of vinegar and a pinch of salt. Let it sit while you prep the rest of the salad.
- Add the tomatoes to a large bowl. Sprinkle the shaved onions and herbs over the top- the exact amount is up to you. Feel free to add more or less.
- Drizzle with olive oil to coat, and season with salt.
- Toss gently, being careful not to squash the tomatoes. Taste and adjust seasoning again if necessary.
- Chill until ready to serve, up to 1 our.
Source: The Clever Carrot
(Visited 14 times, 1 visits today)