Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 40 mins
Servings: 6 – 8
A satisfying and delicious soup made from dried chickpeas.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion, Peeled & Finely
- 4 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 2 Carrots, Trimmed & Finely Chopped
- 2 Stalks Celery, Finely Chopped
- 3 Cups Water
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 6 Cups Cooked Chickpeas (or 3 (14 Ounce) Cans)
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) Can Diced Tomatoes
- Extra Virgin Olive OIl
- Cracked Black Pepper
- In a heavy stockpot, heat the olive oil and then cook the onions, carrots, garlic, and celery until tender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, and cook for 30 minutes.
- Use a hand wand and puree about half the soup in the pot leaving half for texture.
- (Or put a cup or two at a time in the blender)
- Serve the soup just warm with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkling of cracked black pepper.
(Visited 29 times, 1 visits today)