- 6 calamari tubes, cleaned thoroughly
- 6 calamari tentacles, cleaned trimmed, beak and eyes removed
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
For the Filling:
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- chopped shallot or white onion
- diced carrots (julienned)
- diced button mushrooms
- minced ginger
- garlic paste
- minced red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- ground black pepper
- roasted and chopped nuts
- In a hot grill pan, add oil and sauté onions, bell pepper, garlic, ginger, mushrooms, carrots and nuts. Season with salt, pepper and soy sauce. Taste as you. Adjusting when necessary. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Fill each tube (inside-out) (¾ full) and seal with toothpick. With a knife, make diagonal slices along the tube on two sides.
- In an open charcoal frill, drizzle oil all over the calamari. Grill the calamari and tentacles about 2-3 minutes on each side until cooked but not gooey. You can also use a grill pan.
Source: Philippines Cuisine
(Visited 23 times, 1 visits today)