- 16 large leaves white cabbage
- 1 medium onion or 150 g, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato or 150 g, chopped
- 1½ cups fresh parsley or 110 g, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ cup egyptian rice or 150 g, soaked for half an hour in water and drained
- ½ cup lemon juice or 125 ml
- 8 pieces lean beef or 500 g, steak
- 3 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Less Salt Bouillon
- 5 cups boiling water or 1250 ml
- 1 tablespoon dried mint, powder
- Boil cabbage leaves for 5 minutes or until they become soft and bendable. Drain and remove the hard stem at the middle of each leaf. Set aside.
- Combine chopped onions, tomato, parsley, olive oil, fresh mint, cinnamon powder, black pepper, Egyptian rice and lemon juice in a mixing bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of filling at the edge of each cabbage leaf in sequence. Roll into a parcel and cut off the loose sides.
- Arrange beef steak pieces at the bottom of a large pot. Arrange cabbage parcels next to each other on top of the steak pieces.
- Dissolve the MAGGI® Chicken Less Salt Bouillon cubes in boiling water and pour it over the cabbage parcels. Press with a plate on top and bring to boil then simmer on low heat for 1 hour 30 minutes. Garnish with dried mint and serve.
(Visited 180 times, 1 visits today)