Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Pizza dough stuffed with bread and cheese, then sliced makes a great appetizer or party food.
- 2 (1 Pound Each)Pizza Dough Balls
- 1/2 Pound Thinly Sliced Salami
- 1/2 Pound Thinly Sliced Mortadella (Or Ham)
- 3/4 Pound Thinly Sliced, or Cubed Semi-Soft Cheese Such As Pecorino or Asiago
- 1 Egg Lightly Beaten With 1 Tablespoon Water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and lightly grease two baking sheets.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out one of the dough balls to a 15 x 12 inch rectangle.
- Use half the meat and cheese, and cover the dough rectangle, leaving a 1/2 inch border.
- Roll the dough up into a roll, leaving seam at the bottom, and pinching the ends closed.
- Place the prepared dough roll on one of the baking sheets, then complete the other in the same manner.
- Brush the rolls with the beaten egg mixture, and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 10 minutes before slicing.
(Visited 60 times, 1 visits today)