Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
Servings: 12 Muffins
Buttermilk helps keep these flavorful muffins moist.
- 1/2 Cup Melted, Cooled Butter (1 Stick)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Orange Extract
- Zest From 1 Medium Orange
- 4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- Pinch Of Salt
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3 Cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 Pint Fresh, Ripe Strawberries, Trimmed & Diced
- 1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Orange Zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Either spray a 12 cup muffin tin with vegetable spray, or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, orange extract, baking powder, salt, and sugar until well blended.
- Add the butter and whisk until smooth and light.
- Add the flour and use a wooden spoon and stir just until the flour is incorporated into the other ingredients.
- Add the diced berries, and stir to mix into the batter.
- Use a large spoon and fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Mix together the sugar and orange zest for topping, rubbing the zest into the sugar with your fingers.
- Sprinkle the sugar topping evenly over each muffin cup, and then bake for about 25 minutes or until lightly browned. a cake tester should come out clean when inserted into a center muffin.
- Cool to room temperature before serving.
(Visited 29 times, 1 visits today)