- 2 large eggs
- 125g (½ cup + 1 tbsp) caster (fine) sugar
- 2x 227g tubs clotted cream, see notes
- 250ml (1 cup) full-fat milk
- 250g strawberries, hulled and halved
- Whisk the eggs on a large bowl until light and frothy. Gradually add the sugar and whisk for a further 3 minutes, then add the clotted cream and the milk to the egg mixture and whisk well.
- If using an ice cream maker, spoon the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturers instructions. (skip to step 4).
- If you’re not using an ice cream maker, spoon the mixture into a 2-litre freezer proof container, freeze for 3 hours and whisk until smooth, then freeze for a further 3 hours. Repeat this process 3-4 times, then freeze for 2 hours or until semi-solid.
- Put the strawberries into a food processor and process until nearly smooth with a few larger pieces for texture. When the ice cream has started to freeze but is still soft, gently fold through the strawberries to create a rippled effect. Transfer to a freezer proof container and freeze until solid.
- When ready to serve, remove from the freezer for 5 minutes, or until slightly softened.
Source: Sweet To Eat Baking
(Visited 29 times, 1 visits today)