- 1/4 kg fresh bamboo shoots (or canned-sliced)
- 3 tbsp. cooking oil (vegetable or peanut oil)
- 3 tsp. fish sauce (patis)
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- Dash of chili powder (depending on how spicy you want it)
- 1 small red onion sliced
- 1 small green chili sliced
- chicken powder
- Rub the bamboo shoots with a tablespoon of salt to squeeze out the excess liquid for about a minute. Then rinse it out in running water. Soak in water and set aside.
- In a wok or frying pan, put the cooking oil (pan must be heated). Stir-fry the onions.
- Put the turmeric and chili powder together, and add quickly the soaked bamboo shoots (water drained).
- Stir-fry for a minute then add the fish sauce and chicken powder (or any seasoning powder)
- (*You can also add fresh prawns or dry prawns (soaked in water then pounded))
- Add the green chili and continue to stir-fry until the chili changes color and you can see the oil. Remove from heat.
- Best served with fried fish or chicken with hot rice.
Source: Asian Food Fusion
(Visited 31 times, 1 visits today)