- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chile paste with garlic (such as sambal oelek)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- Place shrimp in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with cornstarch; toss well to coat. Set aside.
- Combine juice, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, and chile paste, stirring with a whisk; set aside.
- Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add minced ginger and garlic to pan; stir-fry for 15 seconds or until fragrant. Add shrimp mixture; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add juice mixture and onions; cook 2 minutes or until sauce thickens and shrimp are done, stirring frequently. Serve immediately.
- Wine note: Stir-Fried Shrimp with Spicy Orange Sauce needs a wine with a lot of bold fruit to go up against the “punch” of chiles, ginger, and garlic. Rosés are fruity (like many red wines) but cool and refreshing (like a white).
(Visited 33 times, 1 visits today)